Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Reflections

===================================================

Reflections



Once at midnight, I was looking out of the window
The thick fog on the streets a sample of my mind
I went for a stroll in the biting cold
The desolated streets depicting my life

The chill crept into my veins and froze my blood
But I tarried on, confusion in my mind a flood
Was trying to make sense of the incidents
Of betrayal, suspicion and mistrust

I came by the lake and stood for a while
The merciless cold wind freezing my bile
The meaning hit me like a nail on my head
This numbed me, ripped open my mind

Everything slowly faded away in the infinite grief
Reason became a thing non-existent to my brain
My mind buzzed in turmoil, heart skipped a beat
Couldn’t believe the truth was this……….

I stood there by the lake, my eyes closed, for long hours
Trying to comprehend what went wrong?????
My body numb with pain, heart immune to agony
I cried out this cannot be the end, it cannot be…..
The silence of the moment deafening me

Abruptly the crow of a rooster brings me to reality
The first rays of the sun lightning up the sky
The thick fog fast disappearing in the gentle warmth
I found myself envying the life of the flock birds that flew by

I walk home, with no answer yet found
But incredibly a face with a smile……….


========================================================

No comments: